Three significant Zilla Parishad schools of Visakhapatnam came under the purview of Officials of Vigilance and Enforcement Department on 15th of April 2019 when a surprise visit was conducted by the authorities.
Here is the entire story of Zilla Parishad Students served with rotten eggs in mid day meal –
- The motive of the surprise visit to Zilla Parishad schools of Visakhapatnam was to check the authenticity of the mid-day meals.
- The schools of Pendurthy, Vepagupta, and Gopalpatnam were checked by the officials that comes under the purview of Visakhapatnam.
- The eggs served to the students were rotten
- The cooking oils were expired
- The number of students eating mid-day meals was negligible
- Most of the students were carrying their lunch boxes as the food being offered to them were not good.
- Records were not appropriately maintained by the school authorities
- Other irregularities were also listed
- The food was not prepared as per the stated time
- The eggs were under-cooked
- The quality of the food was not good.
What does the rule say concerning the mid day meal?
- A three-member tasting committee should keep a check the food before it is served to the students.
- The necessary remarks about the food quality, taste, etc. should have a record.
The Zilla Parishad schools of Visakhapatnam listed above did not follow both of these norms.
Stay tuned with us for Vizag news, and other fruitful information.