HPCL unit of Vizag is one of the major refineries of our country and is involved in producing lakhs of barrel of oil every single day. This incident took place when a major fire attack took place in the HPCL Vizag unit.
Here is the entire story
- The fire broke in the CCR unit of HPCL located at Malikapuram on Saturday.
- CCR unit – Continuous Catalytic Reformer is a gasoline-making unit.
- The incident was a result of a leakage in the gas compressor of CCR unit of HPCL but was under control within 12 minutes itself.
- No major casualties were reported, but three workers suffered from minor burns.
- The workers were treated in the HPCL Vizag dispensary
- The fire was brought under control by the workers on time which reduced its overall effect.
- As per the sources, when the fire broke off, the nearby people encountered a dominant sound similar to a blast or earthquake. It created a bit of chaos and tension in the environment thinking it a major accident or blast, but later everything was under control.
- HPCL has suffered from similar incidents in the past as well.
Share your views in the comment section.
Stay tuned with us for Vizag news, Visakhapatnam news online and latest election updates as well.