Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar left the world after fighting the prolonged battle with pancreatic cancer. Let us pay tribute to him and pray for his soul to rest in peace.
- He took his last breath 6:40 pm on Saturday as stated by State government official. His health was going through a terrible phase from the past two days. During his longtime medical problems, he was flown to the United States for his recovery. Even in the march of last year, he was taken to the United States for treatment.
- We respect his strength as being the four-term Chief Minister; he never neglected his work and was seen active all around the time.
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar entered the political field in the year 1994 from Panaji constituency by winning the BJP ticket.
- Later he also served as the Defence Minister under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from November 2014 to March 2017.
- He was one of the leaders who was well accepted by the members for his experience and working style. The country has witnessed the enhancement of security conditions during his tenure as Defence Minister of India.
The whole country is going through deep sorrow the death of Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar. Here are some of the condolence given by the top leaders and politicians.
गोंयचे मुख्यमंत्री श्री मनोहर पर्रीकार हांच्या दुखेस्त मरणाची खबर आयकून वायट दिसलें. तांणी जाल्लें दुयेंस धैर्यान सोंसलें आनी ते सम्मानान जगलें. तांची सामाजीक जीण प्रामाणीकपणाची आनी समर्पीत वृत्तीची आशिल्ली. तांणी लोकांची केल्ली सेवा केन्नाच विसरूंक शकनात.
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) March 17, 2019
Paid tributes to my friend Shri Manohar Parrikar.
He personified humility, simplicity and compassion.
The good work he has done will be remembered for years to come. pic.twitter.com/AX2o3yJZHe
— Chowkidar Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 18, 2019
I am deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Goa CM, Shri Manohar Parrikar Ji, who bravely battled a debilitating illness for over a year.
Respected and admired across party lines, he was one of Goa’s favourite sons.
My condolences to his family in this time of grief.
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) March 17, 2019
Parrikar ji has shown the entire nation how a BJP Karyakarta, even during his toughest time, is committed to the philosophy of Nation First, Party Next and Self Last.
He will always be remembered for his contributions as India’s Defence Minister and as CM of Goa. pic.twitter.com/jiKNGoOZrj
— Chowkidar Amit Shah (@AmitShah) March 17, 2019
Extremely saddened at the news of passing away of Goa CM Sh Manohar Parrikar ji. A symbol of simplicity in politics who led a humble life is no longer with us. May his family bear the irreparable loss with courage. Prayers with them
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) March 17, 2019