Many people asked us to write on how to make Ugadi pachadi; so we thought to share the Ugadi pachadi recipe with you all. But before the recipe let us share something special about this festival that we all should know.
Date of Ugadi – 6th April 2019
Ugadi is an auspicious festival of South India and is celebrated with loads of love and fun. There are many stories associated with Ugadi. Do you want to know why Ugadi is actually celebrated?
Why is Ugadi celebrated?
It is believed that on this day Lord Brahma has created the world. In case if you know any other stories behind it; then we would love to know in the comment box.
This day is really special all over the country as on this very day Marathis celebrate Gudi Padwa, and Chaiti Navratri also begins from this day itself.
How to make Ugadi pachadi?
It is a compulsory dish that is prepared on this day and thus known as Ugadi pachadi.
Ingredients required for making Ugadi pachadi – (You can find these entire ingredients in your home itself.)
- Raw mangoes
- Neem flowers
- Black pepper powder
How to make Ugadi pachadi recipe is here –
- Take two teaspoonfuls of tamarind and soak it in water for one and a half hour.
- After that squeeze tamarind to infuse it into water
- And some more water like half of the cup in tamarind pulp.
- Add jaggery of about 1/2 cup. (Make sure it is chopped in fine pieces)
- Mix tamarind and jaggery until it dissolves.
- Now add mangoes in a finely chopped manner with some salt, neem flower, and black pepper into it.
- That is it; your Ugadi pachadi is ready.
Now you can prepare Ugadi pachadi all by your own and can offer your friends and family.
We wish you all a very Happy Ugadi.
Do let us know your views in the comment section below. If you want us to share any recipes, then do let us know.